Search In
    • More options...
    Find results that contain...
    Find results in...
Feelin froggy

Outrageous Bingo Stories

They had a deal, I'm sure I'd do the same thing if I had such an agreement with one of my friends.

Still a nice thing to do though, money can break friendships, especially big amounts.

• Thanks 1

I would honor the agreement if I made one, yet I cannot say I would ever make such agreement  in the first place :D

Also, 50.000 is a huge amount of money but its not something I would call a life changing sum so its certainly not worth loosing a good friend for 25.000. If the prize was 500.000 however, I'm not sure I would part with 250.000 so easily and I honestly believe a very small number of people would.

• Thanks 2

If it was a very good life long friend, no matter what the prize, if I said I would share, then so be it; I would share.

Hi Bingo Balls!

This story is crazy!

Margaret Thomas, 52, a Missouri woman, will be spending 5 years in prison after attacking two people with scissors following a night at the bingo hall.

Thomas won $200 at bingo that evening and was driving the two people home. A fight ensued over splitting the winnings when Thomas stopped the card, pulled out a pair of scissors and proceeded to attack a woman in the back seat.

The other passenger tried to stop Thomas so she stabbed her as well. The initial passenger stabbed was given a total of 32 stitches in her face.

Thomas left the two on the side of the road but was later arrested.

She admitted her guilt and was charged with second-degree assault. The incident occurred nearly one year ago so her time served went toward the 5 year sentence handed down on Monday.

• Thanks 1

Wow you've got to be kidding.........all that over $200?? Geez what would she have done if she won a major Jackpot in the millions? That is absolutely insane, the woman obviously has deeper issues!

• Thanks 1

I couldn't believe that story when I read it. Here's a question though.... Obviously she has mental problems so is prison the right place for someone like that or do you think that getting her help the right option. I personally believe she needs to pay for what she did so prison is the right place for her but she also needs some psychological help. Doubtful that she'll get it though.

These bingo women are a force to be reckoned with.  She definitely deserves time in prison.  Who carries scissors around in their car?

• Thanks 1

Outrageous indeed, I don't know if she has psychiatric issues or whether it was just rage but doing 5 years over 200 dollars is pretty crazy.

• Thanks 1

Ronald Price was playing in a national link game at his local bingo club and called for the line worth £10,000. The checker came over to verify the win but the caller failed to stop the game. It seems that Ronald hadn't shouted loud enough for him to hear.

He was not paid for the win and it was claimed by another player at another club. This is not the first time this has happened to him though. About a year ago he also missed out on a £1,000 for not shouting loud enough to stop the caller although his wife claims she was jumping up and down.

What would you do if this happened to you?

• Thanks 2

For £10k I'd jump up and down and create merry hell!  I certianly wouldn't let the win pass me by.

• Thanks 1

I can't imagine something like that happening to me; £10k is not something to joke around. Well, maybe for that guy the third time's the charm.

• Thanks 1

Hey Bingo Tarts!

Karen Kitson, 42 of the UK, was caring for elderly people and stole thousands from two of them. She began stealing from them after she spent her husband's £30k in army retirement money on bingo. She was just sentenced to 12 months in jail and ordered to pay a £120 victim surcharge.

I suppose a year in prison is okay for the crime but if she was to be caring for someone in my family and stole from them, I'm not sure a year would be enough. It's not just the theft but the abuse of trust. What do you think?

• Thanks 2

She's definitively deserved that year in jail. But as other people from these stories, she definitively needs professional help - I mean, she spent £30k on bingo, and then stole more money from pretty much helpless people.

• Thanks 1

Yep, she needs more than jail time. She's got a serious problem and what kind of person takes such advantage of people they are supposed to care for.

Hi Bingo Dabbers!

I just read a story about a bind woman and the her outrageous experience at a Mecca Bingo in Cwmbran.

Pamela is a 62-year-old woman who is registered blind with limited sight in one eye. She was tempted to visit this club due to the free bingo night offer. She asked for the electronic bingo terminal and was told that she had to pay £15. Her daughter believes that it was discrimination for the staff to charge her when everyone else was able to play for free.

A spokesperson for Mecca said,  “Due to the way our electronic bingo terminals work, we operate under certain technical constraints which means we are only able to offer free bingo on paper."

Definitely a flawed policy!

• Thanks 3

It's sad that they need to come up with such lame excuses. Well, since they make the rules they know all loopholes.

Well, regarding spokesperson's statement, he/she really said nothing. Which technical constraints?

As for the blind woman, I suppose Mecca isn't the only bingo hall in that UK town? If they cannot meet the specific demands off their customers, there should be someone else who can...

I read these posts thinking it would be someone's story like....I only had 50 cents left for one card ...yadada....suddenly the numbers....yadada....five grand!  ....or something. I have only been to bingo in a hall once before but now I know to take a wall seat, facing in, and watch out for Hell's Grannies!