India Rupees Bingo Sites
Play Bingo with Rupees ➤ Play online bingo in your local currency. List of bingo sites accepting players from India ✓ Deposits + Withdrawals in Rupees
The history of Rupees
The Indian rupee (INR) is the national currency of India. The currency is issued and controlled by the Reserve Bank of India. It can be used in a variety of banknotes; 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 2000. One rupee consists of one hundred paises. Even though it is an Indian currency, it is officially used in a couple of other countries, Nepal and Bhutan. Unofficially, it is used in Zimbabwe. The India rupee has a rich history and has gone through a variety of changes before becoming the currency that it is today.
In the 1800s, the rupee was a silver coin. Due to the rising popularity of gold in the 19th century, the Indian currency was devalued. Despite this and the fact that the British controlled India for a while, the rupee survived and continued to be used as the country’s currency. The British government wanted to replace the rupee with its official currency sterling but was not able to do so. In the meantime, several other currencies were introduced as the official currencies of India. However, India gained back its independence in 1947. A decade later, India started using a decimal currency system in which a rupee would consist of 100 paises. From then on, the India rupee has had the form it has today.
Safe casino deposit methods that accept India rupee
Rupee might not be as used as some other currencies of the world but that does not mean that it cannot be used in online casinos. There are plenty of casinos that accept this currency for gaming and several payment methods that support it. Let’s examine some of the payment methods that support India rupee that players can use in online casinos…
- Neteller: It is an e-wallet that has become extremely popular. You need to open your personal account and fill it up with funds that can later on be used to pay for various things online. It is safe because after this process, there is no need to include your banking information when paying online, they are safe and secure on your e-wallet. A huge number of casinos support Neteller.
- Credit/debit cards: cards issued by well-known providers such as Visa and MasterCard are also among the payment options available in many casinos and support this currency. The card issuers are popular worldwide and accept plenty of currencies. They are one of the most used payment methods not only in the gaming industry but in other transactions. If a casino does not operate in INR, conversion is usually an option which means you can still use your card to play in the casino.
- Apple Pay: Apple has come up with its own payment system so that anyone who possesses an apple device can use it. Whether you have an iPhone, iPad or Mac, you can use it. By linking your card to your device, you enable the funds from the card to be used in apps. With the rising popularity of Apple products, this payment system has become more popular as well.
- Skrill: It is an internet payment system that provides electronic funds. It is authorized by UK and EU laws. It is suitable for businesses as well as individuals. Perhaps it has surpassed PayPal, its competitor, since it accepts clients from all over the world. Clients that have a valid email address can safely send and receive funds online. It supports the Indian rupee.
- Bitcoin: Is the most famous crypto currency. It is vastly popular and used in the gaming world. There are exchange offices that offer purchasing Bitcoins via card. Practically, it can be done in any currency, you simply need to find the one that accepts INR.
Gambling restrictions for India Rupee
In India, the ‘Public gambling act’ is a law that prohibits running or being in charge of a public gambling house. Also, this act prohibits visiting gambling houses. Indian casinos cannot promote or have sites that promote online gambling games. However, it is not illegal for non-Indian casino companies to have sites that Indian players can use. When it comes to online gaming, the only condition is that the casino offers INR as an accepted currency which is great news because there is a solid number of casinos that fit this criterion.
In Bhutan, which also uses INR as a currency, all forms of gambling except for lottery are prohibited. There are no laws regarding online gaming and not a lot of Bhutan residents have internet access. Since no laws are regulated, players from Bhutan could engage in online gaming but they are not protected by the government and therefore there is no one to turn to in case a casino treats them unfairly.
Nepal does not have any gambling laws defined so technically it is not prohibited to use the services of casinos. The main concern residents of Nepal have is choosing online casinos and other types of gambling sites that are reliable when it comes to making withdrawals when they are requested. If a casino decides not to enable the withdrawal, the players would not have any means of standing up for themselves.
0 Bingo Sites Found
Join and start earning awards
You will immediately get full access to our online bingo forum/chat plus receive our newsletter with news & exclusive bonuses every month.