South African Rand Bingo Sites
Play Bingo with South African Rand ➤ Play online bingo in your local currency. List of bingo sites accepting players from SA ✓ Deposits + Withdrawals in ZAR
The South African Rand (ZAR) is the official currency of South Africa. It is also legal tender in Namibia, Lesotho and Eswatini. The South African Reserve Bank produces and issues all South African coins and banknotes.
The history of the South African Rand
In the 1950’s, it was suggested to change the existing currency, the South African pound, and switch it to the decimal system, to step away from pounds, shillings and pence.
The Rand was introduced in 1961. The name ‘rand’ comes from the word ‘witwatersrand’ which means ‘white water’s ridge’ in English. ‘Rand’ is the Dutch and Afrikaans word for ‘ridge’. It refers to the ridge upon which Johannesburg, the capital of South Africa, is built and where most of South Africa’s gold deposits were found.
The coins are in denominations of 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, and 50 cents, and in denominations of 1, 2, and 5 rands. Banknotes are in denominations of 10, 20, 50, 100, and 200 rands.
New notes were issued in 2012, they feature Nelson Mandela, the country’s former president and anti-apartheid activist. In 2018, commemorative notes were issued imprinted with new images of Mandela.
The value of the currency is vastly influenced by the current situation in the country. High rates of poverty, crime, political unrest, and unemployment have negatively affected the country and the value of its currency.
Safe payment methods that accept the South African Rand
Residents of South Africa and the currency users really have a great range of payment options to review and pick. Several options may be used for both deposits and withdrawals. Here are some of the most popular options for both kinds of transactions.
- Credit/debit cards: cards issued by well-known providers such as Visa and MasterCard are also among the payment options available in many casinos and support this currency. The card issuers are popular worldwide and accept plenty of currencies. They are one of the most used payment methods not only in the gaming industry but in other transactions. If a casino does not operate in ZAR, conversion is usually an option which means you can still use your card to play at the casino.
- Neteller: It is an e-wallet that has become extremely popular. You need to open your personal account and fill it up with funds that can later on be used to pay for various things online. It is safe because after this process, there is no need to include your banking information when paying online, they are safe and secure on your e-wallet. A huge number of casinos support Neteller and it can be used for both deposits and withdrawals.
- AstroPay: It is a virtual prepaid card used to make online payments or fund casino accounts. It is known as ‘Latin America’s most reliable payment method’. It can be used only online and card details are sent by email. It may be funded only once. The card is valid for one year and multiple payments are allowed but once the funds have been spent, the person needs to get a new card. It can be used for both deposits and withdrawals.
- Bitcoin: Is the most famous crypto currency. It is vastly popular and used in the gaming world. There are exchange offices that offer purchasing Bitcoins via card. Practically, it can be done in any currency, you simply need to find the one that accepts ZAR.
- Flexepin: It’s a trusted payment solution that players may use to fund their casino accounts. It is a voucher originally created for the Australian market. Users and merchants sign up to purchase vouchers, sell vouchers or accept them for payment. Each voucher has a PIN, which must be entered at purchase. No fees are associated with the vouchers unless you want a refund more than 14 days past the purchase date or you do not use it up by the expiration date.
- EcoPayz: It is an e-wallet that accepts multiple currencies and is used in a solid number of countries. When you register, you are a ‘classic level’. When you submit other information, you become a ‘silver level’ which means now you can send and receive funds. Five levels are available, there is also a level for loyal members. Players can choose between the prepaid eco card and the eco virtual card.
- Jeton: It is a payment system available in over 200 countries. Users can opt from many currencies. E-wallet and a prepaid card are both the possible options. Jeton Wallet is a mobile app that can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. JetonCash is a prepaid voucher available in a range of set values. A great advantage is the fact that Jeton does not charge its users for registration or transfers. It can be used for deposits and withdrawals.
- Skrill: It is an internet payment system that provides electronic funds. It is authorized by UK and EU laws. It is suitable for businesses as well as individuals. Perhaps it has surpassed PayPal, its competitor, since Skrill accepts clients from all over the world. Clients that have a valid email address can safely send and receive funds online. It can be used for both deposits and withdrawals.
Country restrictions for South African casinos
It appears that gambling is a very complicated thing in South Africa. Sports betting and horse racing are allowed online but other forms of gambling are not. In order to govern and regulate gambling activity and the licenses across South Africa’s 9 provinces, South Africa has created the National Gambling Board.
All provincial boards have their own legislation. However, they are still governed by the National gambling act of 2004. The most noticeable clause is that interactive gaming/online gambling is considered illegal in South Africa.
Licenses are given by the gaming boards of all nine provinces. A single license allows you to provide services all over the country. This means that companies don't have to go through the process of getting licenses in every individual province. The licensing process is strict and designed to ensure legitimacy as much as possible.
Player protection is on a high level for those who participate in legalized, regulated gambling. If you participate in illegal gambling, the government might punish you. The complaints are taken seriously so in case you have a valid complaint or issue, you will probably be assisted. Find licensed, verified casinos and you are good to go.
0 Bingo Sites Found
Join and start earning awards
You will immediately get full access to our online bingo forum/chat plus receive our newsletter with news & exclusive bonuses every month.