Skrill may be used to fund your online bingo accounts. Here is a list of sites where it’s accepted.
Owned by Paysafe Group Plc, once known as Optimal Payments Limited, Skrill, formerly Moneybookers, is a reliable payment option used to transact with merchants and gambling operators both online and off. Paysafe Group is the parent company of additional payment options including its own Paysafe Card and Neteller, which was acquired in 2015.
Reliable as it may be, Skrill has gone downhill in the eyes of its customers following some hefty fee increases imposed by Paysafe.
The services are available to users in hundreds of countries but the availability of services will vary by country. This e-wallet follows the strict guidelines within the markets it serves. For example, a customer in the United States will not be able to use the account to fund any online gambling related accounts.
Making a Deposit to your Account
Your funding options will depend on your country of residence. You’d think that the fee from a sister company, Neteller, would be free or non-existent but instead, it’s higher than using a major credit card. What’s more, is that a deposit from a Paysafe Card account is over double that of the fee for credit card funding. If you’re looking for a free deposit method, we wish we could say the sky is the limit but it’s not. A bank transfer is the only way to deposit without being charged unless you’re receiving funds from another source.
Be prepared to prove your identity. Identification will be required before you’ll be given full access to your account. This is combat money laundering and other fraudulent or high-risk activity.
Join the club to claim benefits like the 100% money back guarantee if you suffer a loss due to fraud, a personal account manager and lower transaction fees. Your level of status is based on the grand total of your processed transactions during the qualifying quarter.
Tiers: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Diamond.
If you intend to use this e-wallet on a regular basis, you’ll benefit from free ATM and bank withdrawals. Even your foreign exchange fees are reduced, which comes in handy for travel bugs.
The Skrill MasterCard product is available in a limited number of countries. There’s no fee associated with purchases unless they involve foreign transactions or cash withdrawals. The exchange rate for currency conversion is adjusted based on your VIP level. Limits are another factor varied by customer location. Players in the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) are the only countries permitted the use of this product as per a drastic rule change initiated by Paysafe card on November 25, 2016.
Skrill has never really been one for low fees but the percentages have become higher than ever before since Paysafe took over. Fees are updated a couple of times per year. User is charged for deposits and withdrawals but it’s free to receive money from another Skrill account – at least until they decide to change that too. It is highly recommended that potential customers look over the applicable fees for your region. Casual or occasional users will not benefit from using this payment method. The VIP system is designed to reduce fees for very active accounts.
Below is a list of the bingo sites that accept Skrill for deposits, withdrawals or both.
Skrill Online Bingo Sites FAQ
- What type of security is provided to Skrill account holders?
- On the whole, Skrill performs a mandatory identification verification to protect users from potentially fraudulent transactions. On top of that, they employ all industry standard encryption and protection measures so as to get authorization from respective financial regulatory bodies.
In order to bring the matter of protection closer to individual users, they have included the possibility of a dual-factor authentication process. That way, each login or transfer request confirmation is accompanied with a one-use code sent directly to your linked phone number or other accounts (email).
- Can I manage my cryptocurrencies and make crypto payments through Skrill?
- Yes, account holders have also been given the extra convenience of handling cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin at the Skrill account. They can specify and send crypto coin amounts to merchants and other account holders easily, through the same transaction management page.
- What is a Virtual Skrill Prepaid MasterCard and how does it work?
- The Virtual Skrill Prepaid MasterCard is in fact a virtual prepaid card that has all the features of a regular, plastic one. When applying for this service, approved users will receive a unique 16-digit code along with a CVV code and a PIN. It works on the same principle as paying with a regular plastic card, only this one has its own specific code and number, different from your regular Skrill Prepaid MasterCard.
Simply access the setup of your plastic Skrill MasterCard and apply for a virtual account – you will thus be able to use the funds in your Skrill account to make payments at all merchants accepting MasterCard.
- Which bonuses are available for players at bingo sites using Skrill as a payment method?
- Players at bingo sites depositing and withdrawing their winnings via Skrill will be eligible to claim any bonus they manage to qualify for. The only thing they need to be concerned with is whether they meet the necessary requirements – minimum deposit amount, player ranking, the redemption of other bonus offers and more.
- What are some alternative banking methods for US players?
- As mentioned in the text, Skrill refuses to facilitate payments to merchants that don’t have clearly distinguished legal status. While some states are moving forward with legalization, others are still very much restrictive of US online casino, sportsbetting, bingo, poker, and similar gaming operators.
When it comes to finding a suitable alternative, these players may choose to go with different credit card processors – Visa, MasterCard, American Express, as well as Discover, cash transfer services, cryptocurrencies or even p2p payment processors.
- Will I face an account maintenance fee in case of a dormant account?
- In case you stop using your Skrill account for 12 months or longer, you will be subject to a fee for account maintenance – 1EUR per month. Alternatively, you can head over to the Settings part of your account log and close it to save you the trouble.
Bingo Sites Found
Highest Community Rated Bingo Sites
Join today and start earning awards
You will immediately get full access to our online bingo forum/chat plus receive our newsletter with news & exclusive bonuses every month.