Online Bingo Banner Banned - Ridiculous!

18,424
views
7
replies
Last post made 15 years ago by Johnny Karp
lipstick_xoxos

Readers of this topic also read:

  • What web utilities do seasoned traders recommend to novices for learning risk management?

    Read

    help

    2 289
    27 days ago
  • Has anyone taken a break from Heroic progression by using a raid boost and then returned later to analyze logs without the pressure of another progression night?

    Read

    Heroic

    1 100
    10 days ago
  • If you’re looking for a WoW carry for the first time, what details do you usually check before choosing a service?

    Read

    WoW carry

    2 127
    10 days ago

Please or register to post or comment.

  • Hiya Bingo bongos!

     

    888 Bingo got in hot water for a banner they placed on Facebook. The UK Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) decided to ban it as the result of one single complaint!

     

    The banner read: "Addicted to slots? 888promos.com" and showed a picture of a fruit machine.

     

    The decision was made because it "encouraged" addicted players.......huh?

     

    Do you think that it should of been banned or is it a bit too ridiculous?

     

    Lips

     

     

  • I started to try to work this out in my head. Nope, it's ridiculous!

     

  • Whatever their rules are, I think perhaps it's good in light of recent tragic events happening while mothers were playing farmville or reading facebook.  Wouldn't want to encourage these careless folks to be neglectful and have the headlines reading "Online slot-player lets baby drown in the bathtub while playing tournament".

     

    They can have the banner if they just say "have fun, play here!", though, right? 

  • I think it's absurd tbh however didn't they say that they never posted the advert? 

     

    So if they didn't, who the heck did?

     

    blue

  • It's a good point Blue hard to get a grasp on the whole thing makes no sense. Was it someone who posted on their Facebook or someone promoting them? The details seem sketchy to me.

     

    Lips

  • Hi Lips,

     

    As they were denying it was theirs, I'm guessing it may have been an affiliate and yes, it was on Facebook (the adverts down the right hand side I'm guessing).

     

    blue

  • Totally ridiculous, I don't see how that banner would harm anybody.

Quick Reply

Please enter your comment.

lbb activities in the last 24 hours

Most viewed forum topics

Nester litopicez
Nester litopicez 1 month ago
2

Has anyone used a Mythic+ boost to get past a rating wall when they keep struggling to time their keys?
games

Hie Hdaak
Hie Hdaak 26 days ago
1

The recommendation I give
ііііі

NInGa Asashmandovke
NInGa Asashmandovke 27 days ago
2

What web utilities do seasoned traders recommend to novices for learning risk management?
help