U.K. Pounds Bingo Sites
Play Bingo with GBP ➤ Play online bingo in your local currency. List of bingo sites accepting players from the UK ✓ Deposits + Withdrawals in GBP
History of GPB
The British pound sterling, also known as GBP, is one of four most commonly exchanged currencies on the Foreign Exchange Market. What's more, the British pound is the oldest currency globally that is still used as legal tender. Not only is GBP the official currency of the United Kingdom, but it is also the main currency of the British Overseas Territories of South Georgia, the South Sandwich Islands, Zimbabwe, and the British Antarctic Territory and the UK crown dependencies the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
Although the British pound was first created as a form of money in the year 760, it was not until 1707, when England and Scotland became one country, that it became the official currency of the UK.
Currencies such as Gibraltar pound, Jersey pound, Falkland Islands pound, and Saint Helenian pound are pegged to the British pound.
Before the Bank of England started to print British pound notes in 1855, it had written all notes by hand. When the euro became the main currency of most European Union member nations in 2002, the United Kingdom decided to keep the GBP as its official currency.
Nowadays, there are coins that come in 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1 and £2, while notes come in denominations of £5, £10, £20, and £50.
Safe Casino Deposit Methods that Accept GBP
The British pound is a widely used currency for global transactions, which is why it comes as no surprise that many successful online casinos offer their users an option to deposit and withdraw their funds using precisely GBP. We have witnessed online casinos evolving far beyond traditional payment methods; however, cards have been popular for many years. Since numerous established casino operators offer players many deposit methods to choose from, we have made a list of the top 5 you can use:
- VISA: Whoever used Visa at least once in their lifetime knows that this is the most used payment system globally. Both Credit & Debit cards are accepted in most online casinos but note that as of 14 April 2020, credit cards are banned from being used to deposit and withdraw, but debit cards will remain as an available payment method. By using a Visa debit card, customers can make online purchases in a matter of minutes. On the plus side, this payment method is safe, the processing time for deposits is instant, and the transactions are fee-less, while on the negative, the fact that players can make fast transactions leads to the risk of overuse.
- Direct Bank Transfer: The main advantage of this payment method lies in the fact that banks are respected institutions, generally known for the air of security they tend to create. Therefore, direct banking options are regarded among the most secure ones, and customers don't have to worry about their information being revealed to third parties. However, some users are dissatisfied with Direct bank transfers due to the long waiting time or transfer fees charged per transaction.
- AstroPay: This is a virtual prepaid card for both offline and online transactions. It is one of the fastest methods for depositing funds, with transactions being completed instantly. To make sure the payments will go smoothly, users need to ensure the name on their casino website matches the name on the AstroPay card. This is one of the fastest-growing online payment methods used by many Latin American consumers regularly. However, since this is a prepaid card, there is no option for a user to withdraw funds, so they need to find an alternative method.
- PayPal: PayPal is a widely accepted e-wallet that allows safe transfers in a matter of minutes. It allows players to fund a single virtual wallet via multiple bank accounts and cards. Moreover, it’s relatively easy to use, and anyone with a debit card can set up an account. Once they do that, they will make online transactions and top up their casino account. The problem, though, might be high fees for more significant transactions.
- CASHlib: This is a voucher service, also known as ecoVoucher. It is easy to use and fund players' casino accounts. They just need to enter the right 16-digit code, and the transaction will be executed. This voucher can be purchased online or in-person, depending on what country a player comes from. It is a quick and safe way to fund a casino account, although players are advised to have another payment method if they need to make a withdrawal.
Gambling Restrictions for GBP Casinos
The UK is one of the European countries with a rich history in gambling, although the whole gambling sector has experienced many changes during the years towards regulation and taxation of gambling products and services. Implementing the Gambling Act of 2005 gave the green light to setting top-notch casino venues, and today, gambling activities are regarded as a vast industry.
Needless to say, the UK is an attractive gambling spot for both players and operators. Although nearly all gambling activities are legal, they are subject to strict regulation. The Gambling Commission supervises all gambling-related matters on the territory of the United Kingdom. Its members monitor all forms of gambling activities to prevent any illegal activities.
1 Bingo Sites Found
Join and start earning awards
You will immediately get full access to our online bingo forum/chat plus receive our newsletter with news & exclusive bonuses every month.