Beauty and the Beast Tips

views
replies
Last post made 6 years ago by Doble A
lipstick_xoxos

Readers of this topic also read:

Please or register to post or comment.

• Isn't it crazily fascinating?

Someone told me that when you are searching for a new fragrance, you have to question if it will smell as good on you as it does in the bottle because each perfume reacts differently with every person’s body chemistry and I strongly believe it's true.

Once I tried the same bottle of spray on five of my friends and guess what? We all smelled different! :`o

• So so true. But i really think i have the weirdest chemistry of all. It has happened to me more then once. And if it doesn't smell awful on me i will get headaches from some peoples perfume. I think the colognes that will give me a down right migraine is Avon.

Lips

• Oh I agree about Avon perfume. Gives me headaches.

• Hi Bingo Babes!

The dreaded bathing suit season is here for many of us. The major dilemma is what's right for you and your shape that you will feel comfortable in.

Here's some tips from Glamour.com

If you want to slim the hips…

Don’t go wild on bottom.

The less going on there, well—the less going on there!

Do bring focus up

with a top in a lighter color, or with fun details or a pretty pattern.

Do go for a fairly high-cut bottom

to create the illusion of longer, leaner legs.

Pearshapebathingsuit.jpg

If you want to boost a small bust…

Don’t rule out an underwire.

“It gives shape to small busts,” says Suze Yalof Schwartz.

Do go for extras

like ruffles, beading and pleating. They add bulk and visual interest.

Don’t do bandeau.

“They’ll flatten you out even more,” says Suze Yalof Schwartz

Smallbustbathingsuit.jpg

If you want some belly control…

Don’t go for shine.

It highlights every lump and bump. Matte is much better.

Do skip tankinis

unless you find one with an un-clingy top, like the striped style above.

Do show some skin.

A high-cut leg or low-cut top draws eyes away from your middle.

Bellycontrolbathingsuit.jpg

If you want to support a big bust…

Do nix triangle tops

if you’re bigger than a D-cup—not enough support.

Don’t do high necklines

unless you want a uniboob. Didn’t think so.

Do know that underwire or a hidden bra

is a must if your top’s not a halter.

BigBustbathingsuit.jpg

Ladies, grab your sun tan lotion and prepare to lie on the deck of the Bingo Boat!

• Wow i can't believe the difference after and how much more slimming these suits look. You would think these ladies lost weight.

Thanks frogster girl

• It's unbelievable what the right outfit or swim suit can do. Mine have to work miracles  LOL

• It's unbelievable what the right outfit or swim suit can do. Mine have to work miracles  LOL

Likewise Froggy.  I can't remember the last time I put on a swimming cozzy!  Sends shudders down my spine at the thought of it but these are pretty amazing I have to say.

blue

• Hi Bingo Babes!

I love a homegrown tomato in the summer. Yum yum yum! There's nothing like it. Somehow I began envisioning huge tomatoes taking over the world. Never mind, I began to research tomato growing tips and thought I'd share them with you.

th_639274.jpg

Tips for Growing Tomatoes

Although they are officially fruits, tomatoes are a staple of home vegetable gardens. Follow these tips for growing tomatoes and you will always have plump, delicious tomatoes in your garden.

For flexible-stemmed seedlings like tomatoes, a horizontal planting trench is better than a vertical one. It is warmer and better aerated than deeper soil, encouraging good root growth and fast development.

Stake your tomato cages so a bumper crop won't pull them over. Work a tall stake through the wire mesh near the perimeter of the cage and stab it 4 to 6 inches deep in the ground. This will anchor the cage (and the plant inside) firmly despite the pull of strong winds and branchfuls of ripening tomatoes.

Prune tomato plants to direct maximum energy into tomato production. Choose your pruning plan based on what you want from your tomatoes. For larger and earlier (but fewer) tomatoes, remove any shoots that emerge on or beside the main stem, and tie the stem to a stake. For more tomatoes later, let plants bush out and support them in tomato cages. Pinch off any flowers that open before July 4.

Choose between determinate and indeterminate tomatoes according to the way you prefer to harvest.

Determinate tomatoes (such as Celebrity) tend to stay compact and produce most of their tomatoes at about the same time. This is convenient for freezing, canning, and sauce making.

Indeterminate tomatoes (such as Big Beef) keep growing and developing new tomatoes as they go. They produce a greater yield but spread it over a longer harvest period.

Dozens of different cultivars are in each class -- plenty to pick from. You might have to check seed catalogues to find out whether a particular tomato is determinate or not.

Source: howstuffworks.com

Personally, I just recommend sprinkling a little Bingo Charm on your plants.

Have a great week!

• I think I'll send this post link to my friend.  She can't grow tomatoes at all.

Thanks Froggy.

blue

• Hi Bingo Balls!

It's now June and the sun is blazing. We need the best sunscreens to protect our skin.

Best sunscreen

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30

NeutrogenaUltraSheerDry-TouchSunblockSPF30-1.jpg

Best cheap sunscreen

No-Ad Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

No-AdSunblockLotionSPF45.jpg

Baby sunscreen

Blue Lizard Sunscreen Sensitive SPF 30+

BlueLizardSunscreenSensitiveSPF30-1.jpg

Sport-formula sunscreen

Banana Boat Sport Performance Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 100

BananaBoatSportPerformanceBroadSpectrumSunscreenSPF100.jpg

Natural sunscreen

Badger SPF 30 for Face & Body

BadgerSPF30forFaceBody.jpg

I say let's stay safe at Sun Bingo.

Source: consumersearch.com

• Hi Bingo Tarts!

Let's talk about something icky for a minute. Something we all are conscious of and can't stand in a partner. Sweaty armpits!

sweatyunderarms.jpg

I saw a program recently regarding this issue. A guy sweated profusely. The solution? Botox injections. Yikes! Now that has to be painful.I had no  idea that Botox could be used for sweaty pits.

A sweat test was conducted on those that had Botox injections vs. those that did not have the treatment.

Here were the results:

Smell test

According to researchers at Ludwig-Maximilian University in Munich, pieces of the t-shirts which were exposed to armpits which had not been treated with botox recorded an average score of 2.69.

However, those that had been exposed to a botox-treated armpit scored just 1.83.

The volunteers were then asked to rate smells from the t-shirts on a scale of minus three for unpleasant to plus three for pleasant.

The average score for t-shirts not exposed to a botox-treated armpit was -1.14. This compares to plus 0.46 for t-shirts exposed to armpits which had been injected with botox.

Marc Heckmann, who led the study, said armpits which had been treated with botox were also much drier.

Elizabeth Jones, manager of the Boston Clinic in central London which offers botox injections to the public, said it was an effective treatment.

"I have had it myself," she told BBC News Online. "It is very effective and very painless. It takes just minutes and lasts for six months.

"You don't need to wear deodorant during that time. A lot of our patients have had this treatment."

The study is published in the journal Archives of Dermatology.

Ahhh ok. Let's forget about the sweaty stuff because it's Bingo Time!

Source: new.bbc.co.uk

• Now this post was really the pits!!  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

• LOL Yeah I thought it was a little unpleasant myself.

• When I read your post Froggy it reminded me of this woman that used to work where I used to work (she retired many years before I left).  She always wore this green jumper almost every day.  Even if she didn't wear it everyday, I don't think it was washed in between.

Anyway, she had a very bad "problem" -  she didn't know what deodorant was. As the office was an open office, the smell used to permeate around the whole room...and it was a huge room.  It was vile.

I wish this solution had been around then  :-&

Great info.

blue

• Ugh that is awful. How long did she stink there, I mean work there? An no one said anything?

Quick Reply

Please enter your comment.

lbb activities in the last 24 hours

Most viewed forum topics

Feelin froggy<
Feelin froggy United Kingdom 2 months ago

Hi LBB'ers! Bingo Crazy was the focus of our latest real money review. We tested the brand on January 30, 2024. Our tester experienced a selection of bingo rooms and slots. We're also happy to report...
Real Money Deposit/Withdrawal Process at Bingo Crazy

Feelin froggy<
Feelin froggy United Kingdom 1 month ago

Hi LBB'ers! Launched in 2018, we conducted a real money review of Yay Bingo ! Unfortunately, our tester encountered an expired Welcome Offer and could not get a response from support. After making a...
Real Money Deposit/Withdrawal Process at Yay Bingo

Feelin froggy<
Feelin froggy United Kingdom 1 month ago

Hi LBB'ers! Another Jumpman Gaming-powered online bingo site underwent our thorough test as part of LBB's From the Players for the Players program. Our tester reviewed Daily Record Bingo with a real...
Real Money Deposit/Withdrawal Process at Daily Record Bingo