Beauty and the Beast Tips

views
replies
Last post made 6 years ago by Doble A
lipstick_xoxos

Readers of this topic also read:

Please or register to post or comment.

• Ugh that is awful. How long did she stink there, I mean work there? An no one said anything?

She worked there for about 20 years and not one of her bosses said a word.

blue

• Hi Bingo Babes!

False eyelashes are a very popular beauty accessory but they must be used properly in order to be able to work them. If you want to add some length and give yourself some long luxurious lashes there are some tricks of the trade to avoid looking.....well, like this.

th_2011-07-07_0708.png

There are some tricks to applying these little babies.

Use just a TINY bit of glue along the spine of the lashes. Wait a few seconds (around 5 or so) and let the glue become tacky. Then apply them onto your eyelid. Letting the glue dry a bit helps prevent glue overflow, and gets the lashes to adhere more quickly.

Dark glue. I picked the Duo Eyelash Adhesive in “dark-tone” available at most drugstores. It’s inexpensive, waterproof, dries quickly and doesn’t cause any irritation to my eyelids. Even though the standard white lash glue is supposed to dry clear, it still ends up looking milky on my lids. Especially if I’m wearing deeper eyeliner or shadow. The dark tone glue blends with the spine of the falsies and works great under or over eyeliner.

Choose your length – Fake lashes come in a variety of lash lengths and designs, but also various strip lengths. The strip, or spine, of a lash can be a full strip, partial or short “segment” length, or individual lash groups. For beginners I recommend the short segments. They are much easier to place close to your lash line and get them straight. Start with just one small strip on your outer lash corner- it’ll add fullness and length! Or use the individual lashes to fill in certain areas of your natural lashes for dramatic length and fullness. The full strips are the most common, but can be very unwieldy for newbies. They bend, crease, move off your natural lash line; and are difficult to get glued down evenly.

Depending on what kind of lash strip you choose, it’s usually easier to apply them with a pair of tweezers or a lash “clamp”. The “clamp” is just a little plastic V that’s flexible. You clamp the lashes in the V, apply a bit of glue (per the tips above), let it become sticky, and then hold the point of the V and apply the lashes as close as possible to your lash line. I got my “clamp” applicator packed in my box of Ardell Eye Lashes from Sally Beauty. If you are using short segments or individual lashes, I suggest using a pair of tweezers to hold the lashes while you apply the glue, let it “set” and then use the tweezers to apply them to your lid.

For extra strength wear- apply a coat of mascara to bind your natural and fake lashes together. This is a great trick for windy or rainy days!

Removing the glue residue and cleaning: To remove your lashes, grab a corner and gently peel them off. If they are stuck, wash your face with a gentle cleanser and lots of water; then try removing the lashes again. After each wear, be sure to remove all the glue residue from your lashes and your eyelid by using an eye makeup remover (or mix your own using items from your kitchen pantry). If you applied mascara to your fake lashes, remember to use the makeup remover on them as well.

Source: bionic-beauty.com

Finish off with some Bingo Liner and you're all set.

Good luck! ♥

• Heh nice one Froggy.

Mascara clumped up fake eyelashes look disasterous especially if one of them slips a little and the wearer doesn't really notice because they are a little inebriated.

You have reminded me of a happening some years ago.  This girl at work who used to shave her eyebrows and pencil them on, one day, for some reason, one was a lot higher than the other.  I have to be honest here; it looked hilarious....it looked a bit like a "Roger Moore" eyebrow special but without actually having to raise her eyebrow.  The worst part of it was, it was like that for 3 days (she didn't wash too often).

blue

• Oh this is a my biggest pet peeve! Its like i can't even focus on what they are saying cuz i'm so fixed on the clumpy lashes.

False eye lashes are very hot right now and but it can look really good or really bad. Another thing that drives me nuts is blue mascara.......uggggggggggghhh!

And forget the waterproof mascara. They ain't kidding it's waterproof. I used that once and i couldn't get the mascara off to save my life. And they made my eyelashes soooooooo brittle. I thought for sure if a strong wind came they would crack off.

Omg the pic of Tammy Fay.........lmaoooooooooo priceless!

Lips

• Omg the pic of Tammy Fay.........lmaoooooooooo priceless!

Good ole Tammy. Those tarantula legs are very recognizable.

• Good grief!  :o I just googled Tammy Fay as I had no idea who she was. The images came up top link so I shall say no more.  :-X

blue

• Hi Bingo Tarts!

I am a huge fan of Sangria. In the summer it's refreshing and in the winter you can make a warm comforting version. If alcohol turns you into a beast rather than a beauty, then steer clear.

I have found this recipe that is so good.

Rose and Summer Fruit Sangria

3 bottles rose wine

1 1/2 cups brandy

3/4 cup orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)

1/2 cup sugar

2 apricots, sliced thin

2 plums, sliced thin

2 peaches, sliced thin

1 pint raspberries

1 lime, thinly sliced

1 lemon, thinly sliced

Ice cubes

Directions

In a large pitcher, combine the wine, brandy, and orange liqueur. Pour in sugar, stir or shake the pitcher thoroughly to mix. Add all fruit at once. Allow the mixture to sit for 1 hour before serving to allow the fruit flavor to come through.

Serve in glasses filled with ice.

th_PictureofRoseandSummerFruitSangriaRecipe.jpg

Source: foodnetwork.com

If you don't like rose or red wines, you could alter this recipe and use white wine with more subtle fruits.

Mr. Michael Chiarello has a great recipe. Don't be alarmed with the 3 bottles of wine. That is meant to serve 8-10 peeps! It'll definitely get those cheeks all rosy and have you dancing in the Bingo Street!

• Just looking at a pitcher of sangria looks so good and fun too. Any time i see a near by table with a pitcher i always say shoot why didn't we order that!

Sounds luscious froggy tanks  ;)

• I love sangria

I'm drooling at this recipe; it sounds delicious.

blue

• Hi Bingo Babes!

I am a diet pop-aholic. I could drink it all day long. So many times I have heard that it makes you gain weight. I decided to finally look into this and see if there was any truth to this.

th_tumblr_ll50fdHCjJ1qge1wro1_r1_500.jpg

This relates to a study involving regular vs. diet pop drinkers.

For regular soft-drink drinkers, the risk of becoming overweight or obese was:

26% for up to 1/2 can each day

30.4% for 1/2 to one can each day

32.8% for 1 to 2 cans each day

47.2% for more than 2 cans each day.

For diet soft-drink drinkers, the risk of becoming overweight or obese was:

36.5% for up to 1/2 can each day

37.5% for 1/2 to one can each day

54.5% for 1 to 2 cans each day

57.1% for more than 2 cans each day.

For each can of diet soft drink consumed each day, a person's risk of obesity went up 41%.

"One possible part of the explanation is that people who see they are beginning to gain weight may be more likely to switch from regular to diet soda," Fowler suggests. "But despite their switching, their weight may continue to grow for other reasons. So diet soft-drink use is a marker for overweight and obesity."

Why? Nutrition expert Leslie Bonci, MPH, RD, puts it in a nutshell.

"You have to look at what's on your plate, not just what's in your glass," Bonci tells WebMD.

People often mistake diet drinks for diets, says Bonci, director of sports nutrition at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and nutrition consultant to college and professional sports teams and to the Pittsburgh Ballet.

"A lot of people say, 'I am drinking a diet soft drink because that is better for me. "You can't go into a fast-food restaurant and say, 'Oh, it's OK because I had diet soda.' If you don't do anything else but switch to a diet soft drink, you are not going to lose weight."

Source: WebMD.com

According to this, it seems as if I'm justifying eating habits because I opt for a diet drink. Hmm......Well, I think I'll hit the Bingo Cafe and have a nice cold diet pop.

• Hi Bingo Babes,

I have always wondered if cucumber slices actually alleviate puffiness and dark circles under the eyes. I have looked in the mirror and been horrified many many many times  8p.

th_BS4.jpg

Do Cucumbers Really Work?

If you have dark circles under your eyes or if your eyes are puffy, does applying cucumber slices over your eyes help? Does the cucumber have to be cold? Would the application of anything cold and of the appropriate size to cover the eyelids have the same benefit, or is there something uniquely beneficial about the cucumber? If cucumbers are effective, how do they work?

I heard these questions debated in an elevator last week. No one knew the answers, so I offered to find out. It's tough to find reliable answers! My medical textbooks make no mention of the relative merits of cucumbers (or any other vegetable) for the appearance of one’s eyes. And I could find no scientific studies attempting to test the theory of "the cucumber effect." I did, however, come across reports of allergic reactions to "cucumber eye gel."

Because the application of cucumber slices to the eyes is unlikely to cause significant harm, I can only offer my usual advice for untested, unproven but seemingly safe remedies: If it works for you, stick with it.

Source: health.msn.com

So there's no real proof that they work. I wonder if the tea bag myth is true.....hmm...... Well I refuse to think about this right now. I'd rather Think Bingo.

Have a great week!

• Well froggy i don't know if they have Preparation H in England but that is suppose to do the same trick.......

Lips

• Well froggy i don't know if they have Preparation H in England but that is suppose to do the same trick.......

Lips

LMAO - yes we do Lips and yes it does....allegedly.  I have never tried it and I would never admit that I tried it either LOL.

blue

• I have never tried it either. I'll let you know how it goes  LOL

• It is back to school for all the little darlings and bingo moms couldn't be happier!!

miss_darlings.jpg

Here are some words of wisdom:

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

My school days were the happiest days of my life; which should give you some indication of the misery I've endured over the past twenty-five years. - Paul Merton

I took a test in Existentialism. I left all the answers blank and got 100. - Woody Allen

My school was so tough the school newspaper had an obituary section. - Norm Crosby

Smartness runs in my family. When I went to school I was so smart my teacher was in my class for five years.

I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopaedia.  Let them walk to school like I did. - Yogi Berra

In elementary school, in case of fire you have to line up quietly in a single file line from the smallest to the tallest. What is the logic? Do tall people burn slower? - Warren Hutcherson

You learn something every day if you pay attention. - Ray LeBlond

In youth we learn; in age we understand - Von Ebner-Eschenbach

If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers. - Edgar W. Howe

source: guysports

And with bingo moms grinning ear to ear it's time to get back to basics at Back2School Bingo

Quick Reply

Please enter your comment.

lbb activities in the last 24 hours

Most viewed forum topics

Feelin froggy<
Feelin froggy United Kingdom 2 months ago

Hi LBB'ers! Bingo Crazy was the focus of our latest real money review. We tested the brand on January 30, 2024. Our tester experienced a selection of bingo rooms and slots. We're also happy to report...
Real Money Deposit/Withdrawal Process at Bingo Crazy

Feelin froggy<
Feelin froggy United Kingdom 1 month ago

Hi LBB'ers! Launched in 2018, we conducted a real money review of Yay Bingo ! Unfortunately, our tester encountered an expired Welcome Offer and could not get a response from support. After making a...
Real Money Deposit/Withdrawal Process at Yay Bingo

Feelin froggy<
Feelin froggy United Kingdom 1 month ago

Hi LBB'ers! Another Jumpman Gaming-powered online bingo site underwent our thorough test as part of LBB's From the Players for the Players program. Our tester reviewed Daily Record Bingo with a real...
Real Money Deposit/Withdrawal Process at Daily Record Bingo