There’s a new name in online bingo and it’s BOB, which is short for Best Odds Bingo! Created in 2019 by Playtech, BOB guarantees all player the best chance of a win and this is achieved by restricting player numbers in rooms and a one-ticket per player policy.
Less than three months after Best Odds Bingo landing at Mecca Bingo, the popular UK bingo chain scooped the Innovation in Bingo award at the EGR Marketing and Innovation Awards 2019.
Designed to be fairer for all means no unfair advantages to ensure your chances to win are skyrocketed. There are typically four rooms to play in, depending on what time of the day you are playing, with 50p being the lowest and £2.50 the highest. The more you pay for your ticket the more in prize money you can win.
BOB is fully optimised for mobile and tablet devices, and you can play this special 50-ball bingo variant on desktop computer and laptop too.
How Do You Play BOB Bingo?
Best Odds Bingo (BOB) is a 50-ball bingo game with an equal chance mechanic. Before you can play, you need to buy your ticket. Each player is required to purchase a strip of 10 tickets per game. The cost of the ticket can be 50p, £1, £1.50p or £2.50p. There will be no more than 25 players in each room to ensure no overcrowding.
Once your ticket has been purchased you wait for the game to begin. The first prize is for the line. To help you identify your best ticket(s), BOB’s hand perches next to each and every ticket and will count down the numbers you need to win via his fingers. Complete a horizontal line on any of your tickets before anyone else to win the stated prize. The final prize will go to the player(s) who mark off all ten numbers on their ticket before all other players.
Settings in the room allow for audio to be muted, to reduce or increase the size of the chat, to customise the dabber and whether or not to mark tickets manually or automatically. Don’t worry if you happen to miss a number, the system will rectify this as the game continues and award any winnings that you may have won.
How Do You Win the BOB Jackpot?
‘A few extra BOB’ and ‘BOB’s your Uncle’ jackpots in are available to be won in each room. To win either, call a full house (10) numbers in less than 20 calls.
- A Few Extra BOB Jackpot: Call the house in 17 to 20 calls. The fixed amount jackpot will be shown in the game.
- BOB’s Your Uncle Jackpot: This larger progressive jackpot starts at £100 and grows with every bingo ticket purchased. The full amount is shown in the game and you’ll win it if you can call a full house in 16 calls or less.
Special BOB Features:
- Reduced Players: Frequently BOB bingo games reduce player numbers to just 10 per room, or even 5, to give you a better chance of winning still! Bear in mind, by slashing player numbers from 25 to 5 means a far smaller prize pot.
- BOB 50p: for an hour between 1pm and 2pm and then again between 6pm and 7pm.
- BOB 50p+: Bigger stakes mean bigger prizes, but you’ll never pay more than £2.50p per game.
Where Can You Play BOB?
Best Odds Bingo is available to play at all good Playtech powered bingo sites, including Mecca Bingo where new players can win up to £120 in welcome bonuses – most with zero wagering requirements, Buzz Bingo with three different welcome offers plus Kitty Bingo, the only online bingo destination that’ll leave you feline fine!